Real Madrid are reportedly on the lookout for Arsenal hotshot Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The Spanish giants have made an indifferent start to the 2019/20 season despite spending big on the likes of forwards Eden Hazard and Luka Jovic over the summer.
They are joint-top of LaLiga alongside rivals Barcelona with 22 points after eleven games.
In the Champions League they are in a group which also includes Club Brugge and Galatasaray, but are second after failing to beat the Belgian side at home while also suffering a 3-0 humiliation at Paris Saint-Germain.
And club president Florentino Perez has identified Real’s attack as an area which must be strengthened with Spanish outlet El Desmarque claiming Los Blancos are considering an offer for Aubameyang, which would set them back around £69million (€80m).
However, the report adds that Real could offer outcast midfielder James Rodriguez to Arsenal in exchange to bring Aubameyang’s price down.
The two clubs have done business together in recent times, with midfielder Dani Ceballos moving to north London on loan for the season from the Bernabeu earlier this year.
Aubameyang, 30, has been the Gunners’ main source of goals and has arguably been their best player since he joined from Borussia Dortmund in January 2018.
He netted his 50th Arsenal goal during their draw against Wolves last weekend in what was the Gabon international’s 78th appearance for the club.
But Aubameyang has not played in the Champions League for Arsenal so Real could use the promise of that competition to prise him away.
Arsenal are currently fifth in the Premier League table but are six points off a place in the top four.
The likes of Chelsea and Leicester look in a much stronger position than the Gunners, who have had a number of setbacks this season already.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Borussia Dortmund vs Inter (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Vitoria Guimaraes vs Arsenal (Wednesday, 3:50pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Red Star Belgrade vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Atalanta vs Manchester City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Lazio vs Celtic (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Nottingham Forest vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Arsenal (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Bristol City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
Latest posts by Jackson (see all)
- How many goals Harry Kane has Harry Kane scored for England and how many does he need to equal Wayne Rooney’s record? - November 15, 2019
- That David Beckham free-kick, Chris Powell nutmegs Pep Guardiola – talkSPORT writers recall their favourite England moments ahead of 1,000th international - November 14, 2019
- How England should line up in Euro 2020 qualifiers against Montenegro and Kosovo, according to stats – without Harry Kane and Harry Maguire - November 14, 2019