One Chelsea supporter has been left with egg on his face having walked out on the Blues when they were 4-1 down against Ajax on Tuesday night.
Mark the Blues fan called into talkSPORT after the Champions League encounter, having missed a remarkable match and Chelsea’s stunning comeback to claim a 4-4 draw.
There was high drama at Stamford Bridge as Frank Lampard’s side fought from three goals down to earn a valuable European point, which means they are level at the top of Group H with Ajax and Valencia on seven points.
Ajax also had two players sent off within a minute during the Blues’ fightback, while Cesar Azpilicueta thought he had scored a winner for the hosts – only for VAR to intervene and rule the goal out for handball in the build-up.
It was a remarkable game to behold, and while Mark did watch Chelsea’s stunning comeback, he was seeing it on a TV screen in a pub – having left Stamford Bridge when Ajax took a 4-1 lead 10 minutes after half-time.
“I left at 4-1,” Mark the Chelsea fan told the Sports Bar. “As soon as that fourth goal went in, I had had enough!
Cundy, the former Chelsea player and huge Blues fan, could not believe what he was hearing.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
“Disgraceful from you Mark,” he said. “You’ve missed a hell of a game, and if you’d left the Bayern Munich stadium in the  Champions League final, you would have missed that [win] as well.”
Mark went back on the offensive after Cundy’s retort.
“I was there last Wednesday night until the end against Manchester United, and our support was absolute rubbish.”
Cundy then told him he was part of the problem for Chelsea’s support being that bad, and Mark tried to defend himself.
“You’ve got players on the pitch who are not worth the money they are being paid: Alonso, Willian…
“In the 30 years I’ve been going this is only the second time I’ve left before the end of the game.”
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Vitoria Guimaraes vs Arsenal (Wednesday, 3:50pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Red Star Belgrade vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Atalanta vs Manchester City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Lazio vs Celtic (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Nottingham Forest vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Arsenal (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Bristol City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
Mark’s decision to walk out on Chelsea seems even more ridiculous when he revealed he didn’t even leave London until the end of the game – watching the remainder of the match in a pub.
He couldn’t get a train home to Reading, so had to wait for the game to finish so he could get a lift from one of his mates – who was still IN the stadium!
“I regret it tonight,” he finished. “I had to go to a pub and watch it and wait for my mate to come out.
“When I left I was going to get a train home, but because there were no trains I couldn’t get a train.”
You can watch Mark’s call into the Sports Bar, in full, above…
Latest posts by Billy Hawkins (see all)
- Jordon Ibe: Bournemouth footballer to face trial over coffee shop car crash in Bentley which caused £15,000 worth of damage - December 11, 2019
- Genk supporters allegedly attacked ‘with hammers and axes’ in Naples ahead of Napoli Champions League clash - December 11, 2019
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer press conference: Manchester United manager confirms Paul Pogba is still injured and discusses Red Devils’ excellent week - December 11, 2019