Dedryck Boyata inadvertently played in teammate Michy Batshuayi’s shirt during Belgium’s 4-1 Euro 2020 qualifier win over Russia.
While Batshuayi was on the bench for Belgium, Boyata took to the field in Saint Petersburg wearing the Chelsea striker’s attire.
And while the Hertha Berlin centre-back had correctly remembered to wear his no.4 shorts, onlookers noticed that his shirt sported a different number – and name!
However, match officials failed to notice the mismatch and Boyata wore the shirt for the entire first-half, only changing into the correct jersey at the interval.
In the 77th minute, Batshuayi was introduced, with Belgium proving too strong as goals from Eden and Thorgan Hazard and Romelu Lukaku earned all three points.
After the game, Batshuayi had a brilliant response to Boyata wearing his Belgium shirt.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Germany vs Northern Ireland (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Fulham vs QPR (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- West Ham vs Tottenham (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Charlton vs Cardiff (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Arsenal vs Southampton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Man City vs Chelsea (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Middlesbrough vs Hull (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
Replying to a picture on Twitter, the striker joked: “He realised his dream.”
The Tweet has been liked more than 96,000 times.
Latest posts by Daniel (see all)
- Liverpool name 23-man Club World Cup squad and include Harvey Elliott but will be without Joel Matip and Fabinho - December 5, 2019
- Liverpool and Everton fans delayed getting to Merseyside derby after ‘man puts testicles on car bonnet’ - December 5, 2019
- Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz 2: Time-lapse video shows how stunning Diriyah Arena was completed in just two months - December 5, 2019