President Biden’s Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas told Congress, “the border is secure,” on Wednesday.
That was a LIE.
The Biden administration has worked to open the southern border, not secure it. Our communities are less safe because they stopped building the wall, brought back Catch and Release, and got rid of the Remain in Mexico policy.
Numbers don’t lie, and they tell us that this is President Biden’s border crisis.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- There were 208,887 border apprehensions in August – a 317% INCREASE from last year.
- Border apprehensions remain at a 21-year high with 208,887 in August.
- August was the second straight month with over 200,000 apprehensions.
- Over 1,200,000 illegal immigrants have been apprehended at the border since February 1, 2021.
- In August, Joe Biden released 43,941 illegal immigrants into the U.S.
- In President Trump’s last full month in office, only 17 illegal immigrants were released into the U.S.
- Fentanyl seizures in 2021 have nearly doubled 2020 numbers, according to records quietly released by Customs and Border Protection.
Despite border apprehensions being at a two-decade high, the Biden Administration is actively working to stop using Title 42 to expel migrant families at the southern border who are attempting to enter from countries with a high COVID-19 infection rate.
Fortunately, Republican Representatives Chip Roy and Yvette Herrell are leading a discharge petition for H.R. 471, allowing for Title 42 to continue to be enforced at our southern border.
This is critical to stemming the current flow of migrants with a potentially communicable disease (COVID-19) and preventing CBP from becoming even more overwhelmed.