Takeaway owners charged after teen had allergic reaction and died

Megan had a severe allergic reaction (Picture: PA)

The owners of an Indian restaurant have been charged with manslaughter after a 15-year-old girl died following an allergic reaction.

Megan Lee ate a takeaway meal from Royal Spice in 2016 and fell ill soon after, dying two days later on New Year’s Day.

Mohammed Abdul Kuddus, 39, and Harun Rashid, 38, have been charged with manslaughter.

As well as that, they each face a charge of failure to discharge general health/safety duty to a person other than an employee and one count of contravening or failing to comply with EU provision concerning food safety and hygiene.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close