Throw your McDonald’s rubbish in the street? You’re responsible for Harold looking like this

Harold the hedgehog ended up covered in ice cream (Picture: Mercury)

A hedgehog had to be rescued after getting its head stuck in the lid of a discarded McFlurry pot.

Harold was so ravenous for a taste of the sugary treat he managed to shove his entire head through the lid opening.

A concerned member of the public stumbled upon the hedgehog attempting to cross a road with the lid covering his face.

He was taken to Larkmead Vets in Didcot, Oxfordshire and luckily escaped with only a small scratch to his neck.

But Vet Poppy Jackson warned the consequences could have been a lot worse for the spiky creature and urged people to think… Read the full story

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close